There is a great set of topics you can choose to write your speech for a conference or any other public speaking event. By the way, what are these events where you can practice your public speaking skills this year? You can take part in an international public speaking competition in London. Or why not participate in 2019 Toastmasters World Champion of Public Speaking or TED conferences? Look for speaking opportunities anywhere during breakfast briefings, speaking clubs, conferences, workshops, courses, webinars, and so on. And we will help you with the choice of a good speech topic and even with preparing for such a responsible mission as delivering an impressive speech in public.
As for the choice of the best speech topic, there are always some problems – “I don’t know what topic to speak on?”, “There is little information about this topic” or “This topic is repetitive in many cases”. All that leads to the main problem – “I can’t write my speech!”. It is especially relevant when it comes to technical matters. In this article, you’ll find all the necessary information on which technical speech topics to choose and how to make a good speech on these technical topics. Moreover, find the speech sample useful for your own speech writing. Let’s go!
30 Technical Speech Topics to Choose and Speak Freely
Since technology is an indispensable tool in the modern fast-developing world, knowledge of technical issues is essential for any well-educated individual. Among the most common issues discussed in technical speech topics are either the description of working, growing, manufacturing processes or the explanation of how certain things work.
The overall demands to the technical speech topics do not differ from requirements to traditional speeches. In this insight, the topic should be oriented to a particular setting, audience, and time frames. As for technical speech topics, they must be:
- Connected with knowledge of how machine/devices work;
- Aimed at engineers, software developers, scientists, technicians;
- Related to current or future situations, and, sometimes, be underpinned with past experience.
So what do we have based on these particular characteristics of a good technical speech topic? Look at the following list of technical topics and choose the most interesting topic for your own speech!
- Graphics-Based Vs. Text-Based Virtual Reality: The Process of Production
- Binaural Audio in Virtual Reality: How the Sound Is Used in VR?
- Biometrics Technology and Security: 3 Key Biometric Authentication Devices
- Web Authentication and Web Access Control: 5 Factors to Consider
- 5 Key Stages of the Typical Robot Life Cycle: What Is the Proper Maintenance of Your Robot?
- Mobile Train Radio Communication: Further Application of the MTRC System
- Tsunami Warning System: 3 Milestones to Be Achieved in the Near Future
- The Modern Implementation of Audio-Animatronic Technology
- Animatronics and Artificial Intelligence: The Perspectives of This Fusion
- Bluetooth Technology Yesterday and Today: 3 Predictions for the Future
- 5G vs. Wi-Fi: 5 New Wireless Standards Rolling Out This Year
- The Architecture of OLED Technology: 5 Layers in Details
- The Future Applications of OLED Display Technology
- Surveillance Camera Control System: Collecting, Processing, Archiving, Storage, Display and Analyzing the Data
- The Design of the Biometric Voting Machine for Fair Elections
- Accelerometer Sensor Working and Applications in Real-Life Situations
- An Overview of Arduino Nano Board: Components, Features, and Applications
- The Solar Photovoltaic Cell: 5 Factors That Limit Its Efficiency
- The Application of Circulators in Radar Systems
- Electronic Warfare and Radar Systems Engineering Today
- Artificial Neural Networks Definition, Specifics and Applications
- Machine Learning Algorithms: Attention Mechanisms and Memory Networks
- 5 Advantaged of Operating System-Level Virtualization
- Performance Evaluation of Virtualization Technologies for Server Consolidation
- Fast Access Control Technology Solutions System Architecture
- Security Threats on Blockchain with 3 Possible Countermeasures
- Drones in Modern Warfare: 3 Ways to Improve an Unmanned Aircraft System
- Electrical Components of Hybrid Car: Shutdowns And Power Failures
- Top 5 Advances in Magnetic Field Sensors
- 3D Human Sensing Algorithms Based on 3D Video
Hopefully, you’re interested in one of these technical speech topics. Now, it is better to make sure that you know how to make a good speech for effective public speaking. Watch the following video from which you’ll find out 5 basic public speaking tips provided by Toastmasters International.
The Speech Sample on 3D Printing Technology
One of the possible technical speech topics is presented below – this speech is focused on 3D printers. Consider it as a good way to know what to speak about when you’re assigned to the speech topic “3D Printing Technology”. Besides, you’re provided with extra references to gain insight into the given topic.
Nowadays, 3D printing technology is not surprising for anyone. Many people use 3D printers for personal purposes, and there is virtually no company that can do without an industrial printer for 3D printing. Although the technology itself has been developed for a long time, in reality, very few people know how a 3D printer works.
First and foremost, it should be emphasized that a 3D printer is a device for creating physical objects by sequentially overlaying layers. In other words, the 3D printer can print any physical object that is modeled on a PC. To date, there are various types of 3D printers that can work with different consumables. It means that with 3D printing, it has become possible to produce any parts for mechanisms that can withstand high loads and are not inferior to details made in the traditional way. Nevertheless, regardless of the model, all modern 3D printers have the same operating principle.
It should be noted that the printer for three-dimensional printing can output three-dimensional information or, in other words, to create physical objects according to the information coming from a personal computer. The operating principle of the 3D printer is to consistently superimpose the thinnest layers of the consumable material (plastic, metal powder, etc.). The physical object is created layer after layer. It should also be noted that such technology of making models is high-speed because the printer is devoid of the so-called “human factor.” In this insight, the machine does not make mistakes, and the products obtained are accurate and identical to the original.
Due to the fact that there are different types of devices for 3D printing, it is impossible to answer the question of how a 3D printer works unequivocally. For example, a device that prints using plastic has one principle while the printer that works with metallic powder is completely different. In the first case, the printer must melt the consumable material to a liquid state. The molten material is then fed from the bottom of the print head and placed in the right places. In the second case, the print head applies a special binder in the places indicated by the computer. After that, the shaft puts a thin layer of metallic powder on the entire working area. In places where the “glue” is applied, the metallic powder is glued and solidified. Still, both printers work on the same principle of layer-by-layer creation of the model.
5 Extra References to Be on the Subject
- Donovan, J. (2017). What is 3D printing? A beginner’s guide to the desktop factory. Digital Trends. Retrieved 2 August 2017, from https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/what-is-3d-printing/
- Kurman, H. (2016). The Ten Principles of 3D Printing. Big Think. Retrieved 2 August 2017, from http://bigthink.com/experts-corner/the-ten-principles-of-3d-printing
- What is 3D printing? How does 3D printing work? Learn How to 3D Print. (2017). 3D Printing. Retrieved 2 August 2017, from https://3dprinting.com/what-is-3d-printing/
- Walker, A. (2013). 3D printing for dummies: How do 3D printers work?. The Independent. Retrieved 2 August 2017, from http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/features/3d-printing-for-dummies-how-do-3d-printers-work-8668937.html
- What is 3D Printing? The definitive guide. (2017). 3D Hubs. Retrieved 2 August 2017, from https://www.3dhubs.com/what-is-3d-printing