Technical poster presentation topics represent a set of topics that are suitable for posters with a scientific purpose to demonstrate knowledge in technical disciplines:
- Computer Science,
- Nuclear Science,
- Radio Electronics,
- Robotics, etc.
An academic poster can be regarded as an indispensable tool to raise your and others’ awareness of a technical issue. You need to conduct technical research and summarize the main information on a certain technical issue, then present it in a clear visual way on paper. It is what we are going to explain to you in this article – what technical poster presentation topic to choose and how to present it clearly for an audience in a poster. Go on reading and get equipped with useful tips!
10 Technical Poster Presentation Topics
“What to investigate in a technical research project so that it will be interesting for me and my audience?” If this question occurs to you, you should keep in mind some steps in choosing the best technical poster presentation topic:
- Focus on less-investigated areas of study that interest you most;
- Consider several technical poster presentation topics;
- Narrow down the scope of the most interesting topic;
- Ask your professor for feedback.
Here you are the list of research ideas for your technical poster presentation at talks, conferences or seminars. After looking it through, you’ll be able to determine what you could do a great research project about while being a technical student.
- The Evolution and Improvement of Wireless Communication;
- Artificial Intelligence and Signal Processing for Better Speech Recognition;
- The Medical Application of Biochips;
- Data Security in Government Computer Network Systems Management;
- The Quality and Flexibility of Industrial Automation in the 21st Century;
- Face Detection Technology: The Operating Peculiarities and Their Improvements;
- Holographic 3D Projection Device and Its Practical Application;
- Modern Applications of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology;
- Autonomous Driving: 5 Details of Modern Technology;
- Home Audio Video Interoperability and Its Standardization.
How to Do a Technical Poster Presentation in 5 Simple Ways
After you choose the most interesting technical poster topic for your own presentation, your affairs are much better. However, don’t get too excited as you need to know how to present your technical poster successfully. To create a good technical poster, there are a number of points to consider:
- The purpose of creating a poster. It is aimed at informing an audience about the chosen technical research question and attracting their attention to it. So all your efforts should be devoted to meeting this particular purpose. Gather as much relevant information about a technical issue as possible and present it in a clear and interesting way (that will be provided in this article below – arm yourself with patience to read it to the end!)
- The targeted audience. Depending on the audience you’re going to present a technical poster, you choose the way of presentation. If the audience is aware of all the terminology you want to mention, there is no need to provide additional explanations. If not, be ready to clarify all the complex concepts you’re going to present. Usually, technical posters are presented to young researchers like you or professors from the technical faculties.
- The coherent organization of poster content. Everything you are going to include must relate to your research question closely. A poster is limited by space to provide too much information. It isn’t free writing of essays. Mind it! Say no to all irrelevant data and include only those pictures, graphs, and tables that underpin your central research idea. Besides, even if you want to present some text in your poster, it is better to give headlines, bullet points, and numbers to make the text easy to read and understand. These instruments help to highlight the discussed issue better and to attract public attention to the key moments of the technical research. As for the poster organization, put the central idea in the center and build on it the rest of the poster content.
One of the possible technical poster presentation topics is provided below. Pay attention to all the details. Is this poster perceived as a coherent statement that gives all the necessary information on the topic “Wireless Charging vs. Wired Charging of Electronic Devices”? Reportedly, yes.
Look how it is possible the same good results in your own technical poster presentation!
- Collect the most relevant and interesting information to fulfill the purpose of a poster. Remember the purpose of creating a poster? You are supposed to inform and attract the readers to the research issue. In your case, it is referred to as a technical research question. That’s nothing to sneeze at! So it is vital to stick to the subject so that it will be interesting for all who intend to read your poster. Mind it can be read by both a specialist with a high level of knowledge within a technical discipline and a person unfamiliar with some technical terms and practices. For that reason, weight up the data given to both types of readers so that they will be able to digest all at once.
- Develop a presentable poster layout. What does it mean? Posters are usually designed on paper of size A0, A1 or A2 – quite an impressive scope of writing. So it is important to work in the way in which writing and pictures will be well-arranged on a given page. You can choose any way of structuring your poster, but there is the only thing you can’t neglect – the visibility of all the posters elements. Make them visually appealing and easy to follow. It is possible to achieve with the help of clear headings and subheadings.
- Design a poster in effective reading order. What happens in the first 3 seconds of looking at a poster? A reader is trying to explore a poster in order he/she is used to doing it. Right? As a rule, this process is done from top to bottom and left to right. So make it easier for the readers of your poster to read as they are used to doing it like shown below in the picture:
- Outline a poster in advance. Don’t hope that all the information that you’re going to use will fit in your poster nicely. But if you work on a poster outline beforehand, it will be much easier to produce a good poster. Draw squares where each new research idea or fact will be separately written down. After that, look at the outline of your poster and decide if you will read it with interest what is written. Remember you should be the first ‘objective’ reader of your poster. Alternatively, you can always find someone who is more experienced in assessing the quality of posters – professional poster writers, editors and other experts in creating eye-catching content.
- Think about the visual imagery of the technical poster. Luckily, a poster isn’t a research paper itself where you need to write, write and write a lot of text to meet a page or word count (as it is common for most students). In posters, students are required to present the research process, its results briefly. How to do it? With the help of different visual elements – color, shapes, lines, scales, graphs, charts, diagrams, tables, pictures, etc. So all the graphical elements that could provide the most convincing display of your competence in the technical issue in question, and emphasize or clarify the importance of your technical research efforts. Don’t try to create colorful Coca-Cola or any other famous company. Be unique in filling your technical poster with informative and appealing visual elements.
Hopefully, our article is helpful for you, but remember that we can be more helpful when our specialists will take off their coat to the work – a well-arranged poster written specifically according to your instructions is waiting for its users. Don’t miss this opportunity to make a technical poster presentation favorable for your academic path!