A video streaming website, YouTube, is in the top of 3 most visited websites globally, along with Facebook and Google. The “broadcast yourself” idea became incredibly popular and took over the world. There are years of video information stored in YouTube’s database and constantly retrieved from it by everyone who has Internet access. It is no wonder that you have an assignment to write an essay on YouTube as most essay topics are devoted to questions of present interest. If it comes to essay writing about YouTube, these questions may be as follows:
- What did YouTube bring to us? Only funny videos or anything else?
- Why did YouTube manage to become popular?
- What is the most popular content today and what makes it viewable?
- Who watches YouTube more often and why?
- For what purposes can YouTube be used nowadays?
- How is it effective to use YouTube for business objectives?
This guide is to help you see the matter you’re interested in: “How to write my youtube essay so that it will be successful for me and my academic performance?” We have some useful tips on how to succeed in essay writing on a particular topic – YouTube.
Write an Essay as if You Are in the YouTube Studio
Heard anything about YouTube Studio? It is a platform where you can manage a YouTube channel by uploading a video, updating any changes, communicating with subscribers, analyzing various pieces of data, and so on. Let’s do it in the same sequence of steps suggested to you:
- Research different sources to find as much information as possible to create the interesting content of your essay;
- Outline the main points of an essay according to the basic structure – an introduction, body, and conclusion;
- Create a draft or several drafts by adding or removing some points;
- Give someone your essay to read and analyze how it is;
- Look through your essay on your own to examine it based on some clear essay guidelines;
- Submit a final copy of YouTube essay and wait for ‘like’ from your instructor.
To get ‘like’ surely, you need to focus on some essential details for every step you take during the pre-writing, writing, and post-writing processes.
Where to Find the Information about YouTube for My Essay?
You may say, “How lucky I am now as any source of information is available to me”. However, don’t hurry to make the festival and procrastinate essay writing till the last moment with words, “I will write an essay on any topic quickly but later”. Remember, an essay on any topic requires extensive research of reliable academic sources, certainly, if you want to reach a goal – to have a well-researched, well-written, and well-edited essay. Start with the references you can use for your essay on YouTube.
5 References for YouTube Essay Writing
- Brabazon T. Digital Dialogues and Community 2.0: After Avatars, Trolls and Puppets. Elsevier, Apr 25, 2012.
- Burgess J, Green J. YouTube: Online Video and Participatory Culture. John Wiley & Sons, 2013.
- Cayari, C. “The YouTube effect: How YouTube has provided new ways to consume, create, and share music.” International Journal of Education & the Arts, 12 (6), 2011.
- Seelye KQ. “New Presidential Debate Site? Clearly, YouTube.” The New York Times, Jun 13, 2007.
- West T. Going Viral: “Factors That Lead Videos to Become Internet Phenomena.” The Elon Journal of Undergraduate Research in Communications, 2 (1), 2011.
What Information Is Interesting to Include in My Youtube Essay?
Previously, we’ve discussed some issues relevant to YouTube. Let’s focus on them closely. The central idea of YouTube was people broadcasting their own personalities to others. While it all was a novel concept then, right now, posting a video of oneself is regarded as a new social norm. This especially concerns young people who need to show off to get accepted by peers. A public video online serves as the proof of one’s capacities, extraordinariness, and often of the mere existence.
Every minute, the total running time of all video materials uploaded is about 300 hours. Those videos have different purposes which vary from education to entertainment, promotion of ideas to mere trolling. YouTube plays the role of a public forum where, based on the number of views, likes, and subscriptions, new celebrities emerge and new ideas are popularized. Below are some examples of media stars who emerged thanks to YouTube:
- Brooke Brodack, a comedian who got her 18-months contract with Carson Daly of NBC because her talent was noticed via her YouTube channel where 45 million people were watching her uploads.
- Justin Bieber who gained his popularity after his mother posted a video of his performance on YouTube in 2010.
- Grumpy Cat, Tabatha Bundesen’s pet whose earnings topped the yearly income of some Hollywood stars.
These are just a few examples of how social media like YouTube can turn somebody into a celebrity after he or she gets noticed by the right people (or millions of fans). The existing stars benefit from the media too. Performing artists choose to publish their singles on their channels or upload concert videos in order to tease their fans into buying records or tickets to their gigs. Besides, everyone can now record a video of an event with a smartphone and upload it online. As a consequence, music publishers and recording companies have become not as important as YouTube ratings.
Apart from a star-making factory, YouTube has another purpose: promotion of ideas and knowledge. There has been a rise in educational channels and those which bring science to the masses. Vsauce, a popular YouTube channel known for exploring scientific issues and explaining them in a simple language, has over 9 million subscribers. Each of the channel’s videos is watched several millions of times. Thanks to channels like this, more young people are keeping up with the current scientific ideas, research, and discoveries.
YouTube is also used by politicians to spread their messages and win the electorate. Debates, promo speeches, and other campaign-related occasions are immediately uploaded on YouTube. Comments to the videos serve as the chance to communicate with politicians and their representatives. This has a reverse side too, as the audiences use YouTube to show their irony towards politicians. Thus, a video mix of the smallest mistake made by a public person on camera can spread like wildfire and harm the reputation in minutes.
YouTube has changed the way people receive visual information by becoming a substitute for television for most. It is mainly free (there are paid channels too) and it is always available. There is little advertising, and one can skip the ad with one click. However, just like many people have shifted to Internet-based visual media to avoid irritating ads, a lot of people have also been watching ads on YouTube. The new media has shifted people’s attention from brands to shared ideas.
YouTube has become over its time of existence a powerful tool for promoting ideas, messages, and images, creating memes, and setting new trends. However, just as YouTube can turn one into a celebrity and bring immediate success, it can also ruin one’s career in a very short time. This is a part of the cost people pay for a possibility to shoot off instantly and be on the tongues of men.
It’s up to you what information to choose for your essay writing on YouTube. You’re in the right direction if you consider some issues so that your essay will be valuable for most people.
How to Outline My Essay on YouTube?
It is very easy to do if the basic structure is in front of you, and all the relevant information is gathered. Look at the structure you should follow:
Despite the logical way of presenting an essay based on the basic structure, there are some effective steps to make an outline work for you as a writer:
- Put a thesis statement at the beginning of an outline.
- List the main points that would support your thesis. Label them with the help of Roman Numerals – I, II, III, etc.
- Provide some supporting ideas for each main point. Label them with capital letters – A, B, C, etc.
An outline is considered to be fully developed when there is the intended content of your essay which you will expand further. So after you outline the body, work on the introduction and conclusion. It is winning to deal with the essay outline as you know what to introduce and how to conclude.
How to Finish My Essay Writing on YouTube?
Some students face the difficulty to start writing an essay, the others can’t finish writing it. If overtalkativeness is your trait of character, you may encounter the problem of finishing and meeting a word count. What is it? 2,500 words are required, but you managed to write a 4,000-word essay on YouTube? Most students are unlikely to follow how many words are written. That’s why there is a standard according to which you can calculate the words of written content – each separate page contains approximately 275 words. Don’t knock yourself with calculations! It’s just given for indicative purposes because today all programs are equipped with the automatic word count.
If you meet a word/page count, finish your essay writing with a few touches:
– Read an essay several times or allow someone to read it with the aim to determine if everything is OK with the essay content.
Phew! You can be glad that your essay on YouTube is finished! In our turn, we’ll be happy if this guide comes in handy for those who struggle with essay writing every single time. Just follow it to see how easy it is to write a really good essay on any topic.