Every person in the course of his or her professional activity or during studying faces a task of writing an article. This kind of written work can vary in topicality, purposes, scope of consideration, functional style, and is strongly dependent on the audience it is addressed to. In fact, a well-written article that contains a sophisticated information presentation is not only informative but also persuading in nature. However, writing a proficient article is quite a difficult task to conduct. Thus, an opportunity for any person to consider the tips for article writing before starting the work will help his or her to substantiate and present a particular opinion in a clear and sophisticated way. Moreover, due to a preliminary scrutiny of the tips for article writing, every individual can increase his or her proficiency in writing, develop creativity, and master the skills of a clear and accurate thoughts expression.
There are some rules that can facilitate and simplify the process of article writing, helping any person to create an influential and high-quality written work promptly and in a professional manner. Consequently, the following issues should be considered in the course of article writing:
- First of all, it is important to define a target audience. Regardless of the articles’ variety in topics and subject areas, they are created with a purpose to influence a particular audience. Undoubtedly, identification of an average reader is a vital element in the course of article writing that helps a writer to make a text easy to perceive and interesting for the people. For instance, a written work for a business newspaper should be informative and laconic; moreover, it should be grounded on accurate facts and numbers. In turn, an article in a popular magazine should be entertaining in nature and include no complicated terms or factual data.
- An article should be well-structured. An article should be divided into such parts as introduction, the main body, and conclusions. Such presentation of the material makes a text readable and enables a writer to highlight the most important ideas and make them noticeable for readers. Indeed, depending on a type of the article and the main issues it discusses, a writer can separate some paragraphs, incorporate headings and subheadings, as well as change font styles to draw readers’ attention to some facts or statements.
- An author should be well aware of a subject area of an article. Indeed, an author should have a substantial background knowledge regarding the main issues or events he or she discusses in the article as it characterizes a general quality of a paper under consideration and whether it will produce the desired effect on readers or not.
- It is important to keep to the subject. One of the most important features of a good article is a sophisticated presentation of the content. A writer should present opinions in a structured form and do not diverge from the main point as it will disorientate readers; thus, a whole work will have little scientific merit.
- A finished article should be accurately proofread. A well-written article cannot have typographical or grammar mistakes or include incorrect facts as such errors significantly decrease paper’s quality. Moreover, such elements will make an article very difficult to perceive, discouraging a reader to go on reading.